A post decree modification may be necessary if, after a divorce, one party’s needs or circumstances change after a divorce case has been agreed upon. For example, an agreement may require modification if:

  •         One party has a change in income that affects child support or alimony amounts
  •         One party wants to move out of town
  •         One party requests a change to custody or visitation agreements
  •         One part requests enforcement of court orders
  •         One party needs to defend against court orders

A post decree modification could change previous agreements about alimony or spousal support, child support or child custody and visitation.

Whether you are seeking a post decree modification or wish to avoid one, it is important to discuss your options with a knowledgeable divorce attorney who can effectively negotiate your case. If needed, family law attorney Mike Schiffman can help you reach a new agreement through negotiation and mediation and avoid further litigation. If your post decree issue must go to court, Mike will advocate for your rights and interests.

If you’re in need a divorce attorney for your post decree modification, contact us for a free consultation on the best way to move forward. Contact Schiffman Family Law in Chicago, serving Cook and DuPage counties: